Date of Post: 23 Aug, 2018
New Delhi: From tomorrow, passengers travelling via DTC Buses and cluster buses will be able to pay for their rides using Delhi Metro smart cards, Delhi Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot said. The scheme, which was first announced by Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal earlier this year, is finally set to roll-out from Friday on all 5,500 buses, According to a HT report.
- The card also known as ‘Common Mobility Card’ can be availed by any passenger by presenting their metro smart card to the bus conductor.
- The fare would be deducted after the card is swiped.
- A high-level meeting on Monday held to finalise the launch of the service, which was attended by DTC Managing Director Manoj Kumar, Managing Director DMRC Mangu Singh, DIMTS MD M Rajshekhar and transport department officials.
- The transport minister said,“People will be able to use their metro cards in all buses of Delhi from August 24.”
- He added,”I have directed officers to start an advertising campaign so that people are aware of the service.”
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .