Date of Post: 08 Nov, 2017
New Delhi: The safety inspection of the Botanical Garden-Kalkaji stretch on the upcoming Magenta Line (Janakpuri to West Botanical Garden) is expected to begin on November 13, sources said. The inspection by the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) will continue on November 14 & 15 as well.
- The sources said, after CMRS’s approval, services on the stretch can begin any day.
- Once the stretch is operational, Kalkaji will be an interchange station between Magenta & Violet Lines (Escorts Mujesar-Kashmere Gate) and at Botanical Garden between Blue Line (Noida City Centre-Dwarka Sector 21) & Magenta Line.
- The Botanical Garden-Kalkaji section will comprise 9 metro stations.
- Apart from Kalkaji Mandir, all other stations will be elevated.
- Last month, the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) had said that the Botanical Garden station was ready to operate as the junction station & was awaiting safety approvals.