Date of Post : 08 July, 2017
New Delhi: Delhi Metro is planning to have a fleet of 9 coaches in trains from 2021 in order to ease congestion in the trains.
For this it will construct platforms capable of handling nine coaches in the four lines of the proposed phase :
- Inderlok-Delhi Gate-Indraprastha
- Lajpat Nagar-Chirag Delhi-Saket G Block.
Because of the increased ridership, 4 out of 6 new lines proposed under Phase-IV of the Delhi Metro will run trains with nine coaches. This Phase is expected to be complete by the year 2021.
About the The New Platforms :
- Delhi Metro will construct platforms capable of handling nine coaches in the four lines of the proposed phase.
- Other two lines proposed under this phase are an extension of existing lines:
- Mukundpur-Maujpur, another arm of the Pink line
- Janakpuri-R K Ashram Marg, an extension of the Magenta line
- After completion of the phase, Delhi Metro’s network will be 434 kilometres long with 308 stations
- The daily ridership is expected to be more than double of the current 28 lakh passengers.
About Magenta Line:
- DMRC is also going to introduce driverless trains on the Magenta line, with terminal stations being Botanical Garden and JanakPuri West.
- Services on the Magenta line is expected to start by October this year.