Date of Post: 07 Aug, 2018
New Delhi: The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) on Monday extended its Pink Line till Lajpat Nagar. With this opening, the Delhi Metro network has become 296 km long with 214 stations. The latest 8.10-km section between Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus-Lajpat Nagar has 6 stations.
The 6 new stations are-
- Sir Vishveshwaraiah Moti Bagh
- Bhikaji Cama Place
- Sarojini Nagar
- South Extension
- Lajpat Nagar
- Union Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said at the inauguration at Metro Bhawan,”Metro serves a very useful purpose because it takes the pressure off private means of transport and brings more people to an efficient, green mode of public transport.”
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal described the opening as “It is a day of happiness for the people of Delhi as a section of the Pink Line from Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus to Lajpat Nagar is being started. This section will connect the city’s prominent markets by Metro. The problem of parking in these markets will also be solved. ”
- The Pink Line connecting Majlis Park and South Campus was started in March.
- The remaining section, from Lajpat Nagar to Shiv Vihar, is expected to open later this year.
- The Pink Line, when fully complete, will cover a considerable section of the busy Ring Road.
All Image Credit: Delhi Metro News