Date Of Post: 27 Feb, 2018
Delhi Metro update : The Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) has started the three-day inspection of the Majlis Park-Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus section of the Pink Line on Monday, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said.
Further Details :
- The inspections will last till Wednesday.
- Shailesh Kumar Pathak, Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety, appointed from the Indian Railways’ Northern Circle, will inspect every safety aspect of the stretch before approving the clearance.
- The 58.59-km-long Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar Corridor [Line-7] of the Metro network is part of the Phase-III project, and trial runs on its other stretches have also been conducted .
- The inspection and the clearance thereafter, will be the final stage before the stretch is given the final nod for inauguration.
- The 20.6-km section of the corridor is likely to open for public immediately after the clearance, which could be around April this year.
- Before sending the request of inspection to Mr. Pathak, the DMRC has already obtained fire safety clearance, licence for working lifts, among others.
About the Section :
- The Majlis Park-Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus section has 12 stations, including, four interchange stations — Azadpur connecting the Yellow Line (Samaypur Badli-HUDA City Centre), Netaji Subhash Place connecting the Red Line (Rithala-Dilshad Garden) and Rajouri Garden connecting the Blue Line (Dwarka Sector 21-Noida City Centre/Vaishali).
Image Credit: Delhi Metro Rail