Date of Post : 23 June, 2017
New Delhi: The maiden trial run on the Delhi Metro longest network, Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar corridor (Line 7) of phase-3, also known as the Pink Line, started on Thursday with driverless trains running on the 6.5 kilometer long stretch between Shakurpur & Mayapuri stations.
More Information –
- This trial run on the stretch included 5 of the proposed 39 stations, all of which are elevated.
- Also, this section has Punjabi Bagh West, ESI Hospital & Rajouri Garden.
- At Rajouri Garden, the line will intersect Lines 3/4 (Dwarka Sector 21-Noida City Centre/ Vaishali).
- A statement said,“The trial run was flagged off by DMRC MD Mangu Singh in the presence of DMRC directors and senior officials. On completion, this corridor will become the longest corridor of the metro network.”
- The section comprised 4 special spans, including 3 steel spans & one cantilever construction span of 60 metres each, the statement added.
- Construction of all 4 special spans was daunting due to heavy traffic on Ring Road.
- “A steel span was constructed as the metro alignment was crossing over Delhi-Bhatinda rail line at Shakurbasti, which is 19 m high.”