Date of Post: 01 Nov, 2018
New Delhi: The 17.8-km Shiv Vihar-Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake section of the Pink Line was opened to public on Wednesday. With its opening, the Delhi Metro also joined the league of top metro networks around the world which have an operational length of over 300 km, like those in London, Beijing, Shanghai and New York.
- Now, the Delhi Metro network has expanded to nearly 314 km with 229 stations.
- The new Anand Vihar metro station on this stretch, an interchange facility with an existing eponymous station on the Blue Line, has turned the area into a major transport hub, with a railway station and an Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT) already present.
- The main highlight of this section is the presence of three interchange stations-
- Anand Vihar (with Blue Line)
- Karkardooma (with Blue Line)
- Welcome (with Red Line)
- The 15 stations on the new corridor are- Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake, East Vinod Nagar-Mayur Vihar-II , Mandawali-West Vinod Nagar, IP Extension, Anand Vihar ISBT, Karkardooma, Karkardooma Court, Krishna Nagar, East Azad Nagar, Welcome, Jaffrabad, Maujpur-Babarpur, Gokulpuri, Johri Enclave and Shiv Vihar.
- After the opening of this line, the Delhi Metro will be running 4,749 trips a day, the “highest ever” so far, officials said.
- In construction of this section, the Delhi Metro has achieved a rare feat in metro construction by crossing over its existing operational line (Blue Line) at the Karkardooma Metro Station (old one) at a record height of 21 m above the ground, making it the 2nd highest structure in the network.
- The highest point in the metro lies in Dhaula Kuan area, between Mayapuri and South Campus metro stations of the Pink Line, at a height of 23.6 m – as high as a 7-storey building.
- Also, the metro has constructed a double-decker train depot at Vinod Nagar.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .