Date of post: 14 Jan, 2019
New Delhi: The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) will install mobile network boosters in the low network zones and tunnels. Boosters are being installed in underground metro stations, specially on Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line and Pink Line, where most of the commuters face the mobile signal problem.
- The mobile network issues in the Delhi Metro will be rectified by the end of next month, an official said.
- Around 300 employees have been deployed to speed up the process.
- It has been experienced that underground stations are the ones which are affected with low mobile network.
- The work is going on the fully underground stretch from Bhikaji Cama to Hazrat Nizamuddin, which falls on the Delhi Metro Pink Line.
- Currently, work is going on the fully underground stretch from Bhikaji Cama to Hazrat Nizamuddin of the Delhi Metro’s Pink Line.
- Also, the Magenta Line’s stretch between Kalkaji Mandir and Janakpuri faces a similar issue.
- On the basis of the survey carried out by the TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India), certain weak spots were identified.
- Thus, to improve the mobile network issues on those metro sections, signal boosters will be placed.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .