Date of Post 4 Mar 2019
In a major boost for regional mobility in the NCR (Delhi- National Capital Region), the U.P.Government has approved the revised (DPR) Detailed Project Report of the Delhi-Meerut Ghaziabad RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) corridor.
- On 8th March, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay foundation stone for the RRTS corridor with new section of the Metro (Red Line Dilshad Garden to new Bus Adda) corridor.
- This 82 km stretch with 22 stations between Delhi, Ghaziabad and Meerut will be covered in less than 60 minutes by high-speed, high-frequency, safe, reliable, comfortable and green public transit.
- In a meeting held on Saturday, the decision for approval was taken.
- The RRTS corridor have major interchange facilities with Metro at the crowded place of Delhi such as Sarai Kale Khan and New Ashok Nagar.
- The official said, “RRTS stations will be seamlessly integrated with other transport modes like Airport, Railway, Metro, ISBTs etc. and will be inter-operable ensuring that change of train is not required for moving from one RRTS corridor to another.”
- The trains will be with modern features like CCTV surveillance, Mobile/Laptop Charging points, Luggage space etc.
- Besides, these trains will also have a separate Business Class along with the Ladies coach.
- The official said, “RRTS trains will reduce pollution and road congestion taking more than 1 lakh private vehicles off-road. High speed mobility will also drive balanced socio-economic growth with increased economic activities and will improve quality of life of citizens.”
- Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is first of the 3 priority corridors planned for implementation in Phase-1.
- The other two are Delhi-Gurugram-Alwar and Delhi-Panipat Corridors.
- Rs 30,274 Crores is the Budget for the project and the Pre-construction activities such as Geo- Technical investigations, Pile Load Tests, Road Widening and Detailed Engineering have also started recently by NCRTC (National Capital Regional Transport Corporation) which is the implementing agency for the project.
- Tenders have been invited for Civil Construction.
To know more about recent developments of RRTS –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )