Date Of Post: 16 Mar, 2018
New Delhi: Delhi government would soon clear the Delhi Metro’s Phase-IV project, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, on Wednesday said. He said,”Metro is the lifeline of Delhi, and it is an important mode of transport for the city. The Delhi government will soon give clearance for the Phase-IV project. There are issues of financial viability on some of the routes.”
- Kejriwal said this in the presence of Union Minister for Housing & Urban Affairs (Independent Charge) Hardeep Singh Puri, along with whom, he ceremonially flagged off the Majlis Park-Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus section of the much-awaited Pink Line, from the Metro Bhawan.
- The newly-opened section, which has 12 stations, is part of the 59 km-long Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar corridor (Pink Line Line 7) of Delhi Metro’s Phase-3.
- The end-to-end travel time of Majlis Park-Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus stretch is 34 minutes and will cost Rs 40.
- A senior DMRC official said, with the opening of the 21.56 km-long section, the Delhi Metro’s operational network will expand to 252 km.
The 12 stations falling on this stretch are-
- Majlis Park
- Shalimar Bagh
- Netaji Subhash Place
- Punjabi Bagh West
- ESI Hospital
- Rajouri Garden
- Naraina Vihar
- Delhi Cantt
- Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus