Date of Post: 20 Dec, 2018
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Wednesday approved the much-awaited Phase-IV project of the Delhi Metro. In a first, the government has also decided to construct elevated roads under 3 metro corridors – Rithala-Bawana-Narela, Janakpuri West-R K Ashram and Mukundpur-Maujpur — of the total 6 under the 103km long Phase-IV.
Among the projects chosen under Phase-IV are:
- Rithala-Bawana-Narela (21.73 km, elavated)
- Janakpuri West-RK Ashram (28.92 km, 21.18-km elevated)
- Mukundpur-Maujpur (12.54 km, elevated)
- Inderlok-Indraprastha (12.58 km, underground)
- Aero City-Tughlakabad (20.2 km, 5.58-km elevated)
- Lajpat Nagar-Saket G Block (7.96 km, 5.89-km elevated)
- The approval, given at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, comes around 2-and-a-half years after it had given in-principle nod to the Phase-IV project.
- The Phase-IV project is expected to be completed by 2024.
- “The cabinet has approved the Phase IV of Delhi Metro. It will boost public transport in Delhi,” Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said.
- The government would give its share of Rs 9,707 crore towards the construction work under the project, which is estimated to cost around Rs 45,000 crore, Sisodia said.
- The operating losses, if any, would be shared between the government and the Centre at a ratio of 50:50 for the project.
- In the financial year 2018-19 the government will release Rs 1,100 crore, followed by Rs 1,707.50 crore the next fiscal, Rs 1,773.50 crore in 2020-21, Rs 1,731.50 in 2021-22, Rs 16.2 crore in 2022-23 and Rs 1,208 crore in 2023-24.
- The cabinet approved construction of the elevated roads on Rithala-Bawana-Narela, Janakpuri West-RK Ashram and Mukundpur-Maujpur.
- Sisodia said that the corridors will be constructed by the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) and the entire cost would be borne by the government.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .