Date of Post : 31 July, 2017
Mumbai: The modified car in the Deccan Queen, which operates daily between Mumbai & Pune, have got new sitting arrangements & improved interiors.
Pictures of the iconic Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus building adorn the interiors, & boards explaining history of the train have been put up at various places.
The express train is popular on the Mumbai-Pune route, & after constant demands from the commuters, the Central Railway finally revamped the dining car.
- Also, changes have been undertaken in the kitchen area to ensure its smooth functioning.
- The water pipeline near the storage space has been modified to so that it does not obstruct the sliding doors.
- Also, PVC flooring has been installed on the entire dining area of the train.
- The revamp work was undertaken at the Railway’s Matunga workshop.
- The Central Railway divisional railway manager, Ravinder Goyal, had inspected the dining car of the Deccan Queen before the maintenance work was planned.
- A periodic haul of the train was done, & the modified dining car was inducted in the service on Sunday.
- The modification was done in the dining car during the periodic haul. The demand for the changes and modification had come from the commuters who travel by the train daily,” Sunil Udasi, chief public relation officer, Central Railway, said.
- The Deccan Queen express completed 87 years of operation on the Mumbai – Pune route this May.
- The express train was introduced on June 1, 1930 with only 7 coaches.