Date of Post: 9 Feb, 2019
Mumbai: The Consortium led by Datamatics Global Services Limited (DGSL) and AEP Ticketing solutions S.R.L, Italy (AEP), have been issued the Letter of Acceptance (LoA) for implementing Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system for 52 stations of Mumbai Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to DN Nagar Metro), 2B (DN Nagar to Mankhurd Metro) and 7 (Andheri (E) to Dahisar).
- The LOA was issued by MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) to the Consortium for approx Rs. 160 crores.
- The LOA between the Consortium and MMRDA was signed in the presence of Shri. R. A. Rajeev, IAS, Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA; Shri. Sanjay Waghmare Director(Systems), Metro PIU, MMRDA, Mr. O. P. Nebhnani, Officer on Special Duty(S&T), Metro PIU MMRDA, Dr. Lalit Kanodia, Chairman, DGSL, Shri Rahul Kanodia, Vice Chairman & CEO – DGSL; Shri Sanjeev Subhedar, EVP and Global Head Engineering Services and other top officials from MMRDA and DGSL.
- “The ticketing system for the Mumbai Metro should be implemented taking into consideration ease of use for the commuters of the city of Mumbai. At the same time it should be state of art supporting future of the growing metro network and supporting upcoming fare media technologies,” Rajeev said on the occasion.
- “Over the years, Datamatics has invested and built expertise in Automated Fare Collection technology and has been a part of large global AFC mandates. We are headquartered in Mumbai and therefore winning Mumbai Metro project is special and a very proud moment for us,” commenting on the occasion, Dr. Lalit S. Kanodia, Chairman, Datamatics, said.
- AFC has been a focus area for Datamatics and over the last 25 years, the company has been instrumental in successfully executing over 25 marquee projects in the tier 1 metropolitan cities across the globe including Sydney, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, Melbourne, etc.
- “Datamatics is the only Indian company to have AFC solution. We have put in our best efforts for making the Lucknow Metro a successful project and we are delighted to be a part of prestigious Mumbai Metro Line 2 and 7 projects,” Rahul L. Kanodia, Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Datamatics, said.
- “Datamatics is committed to Indian customers to provide most advanced AFC solution suitable for Indian conditions within project timelines. Datamatics assures its customer of continued upgrades and long term support to protect the investment made by our customers,” Sanjeev Subhedar, EVP & Head – Engineering Solutions, Datamatics, said.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )