Nagpur: CRRC has acquired an order from Nagpur Metro to supply metro coaches. 69 Coaches will be produced by state-run CRRC Dalian for Subway Operations in Nagpur, according to an agreement signed by the company and a local subway company.
- The trains are for two urban rails in the city with a total length of 38 km.
- The agreement signed earlier this year, also includes a 10-year train maintenance project
- CRRC Dalian received its first train order in May 2015, providing 112 train coaches for Kolkata metro.
- India has become an important potential market for train manufacturers, with more cities planning to build urban rail systems.
- India and China have worked out a number of cooperative agreements for the development of railways under which Indian Railway engineers are getting trained in China in heavy hauling.
- China is also cooperating with India to set up a railway university similar to the one it developed.