Date Of Post: 08 Jan, 2018
Government said that the criteria for the redevelopment of railway stations is redrawn.
Railway Stations Redevelopment
- The Railway Minister of India Sh. Piyush Goyal said that stations would be re-categorised on the basis of revenue, footfall and strategic importance.
- He said, many new stations are being identified for redevelopment during the Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha.
- He further said that 23 stations were being redeveloped in the first stage of the station redevelopment program by zonal railways.
- Since the footfall criterion was being introduced, Goyal believed that the Elphinstone station could also figure among the new stations.
Image Credit: Shiva Keshava – Cantonment Railway station
People Also Viewed :
- 5 August, 2017 Revamping of Railway Stations by Private Sector – Check Details
- 3 February, 2018 Station Redevelopment Programme of Railways
- 14 September, 2017 ITC and The Leela Submitted bids for 5-star hotel project above Gandhinagar railway station
- 7 March, 2018 Railways To Redevelop 7 Railway Stations Across Mumbai
- 5 July, 2017 9 Countries Shows Interest in Indian Railways Station Redevelopment Programme
- 8 June, 2017 Railways Working On A Roadmap To Collaborate With Malaysia To Redevelop 20 Stations
- 22 June, 2017 Railway Minister Directed Railway Officials To Put Redevelopment Project On Fast Track
- 6 July, 2017 July 24, The New Deadline to Submit Bids for Redevelopment of Kozhikode Railway Station
- 14 August, 2017 Multiple Infrastructure Firms in Discussion For Redevelopment Of Pune Railway Station
- 23 September, 2017 Station Redevelopment: Vadodara Railway Station, Gujarat To Be Developed As World-Class Station to transform it into a multi-modal transit hub