Date Of Post: 08 Jan, 2018
Government said that the criteria for the redevelopment of railway stations is redrawn.
Railway Stations Redevelopment
- The Railway Minister of India Sh. Piyush Goyal said that stations would be re-categorised on the basis of revenue, footfall and strategic importance.
- He said, many new stations are being identified for redevelopment during the Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha.
- He further said that 23 stations were being redeveloped in the first stage of the station redevelopment program by zonal railways.
- Since the footfall criterion was being introduced, Goyal believed that the Elphinstone station could also figure among the new stations.
Image Credit: Shiva Keshava – Cantonment Railway station
People Also Viewed :
- 5 August, 2017 Revamping of Railway Stations by Private Sector – Check Details
- 18 July, 2018 Railways Allocated Record Rs 67,000 Crore For Development of Suburban Railway Network in Mumbai: Railway Minister Piyush Goyal
- 3 February, 2018 Station Redevelopment Programme of Railways
- 24 July, 2018 Western Railway Completes Doubling Work of 34 km Long Nandurbar-Dondaicha Section
- 14 September, 2017 ITC and The Leela Submitted bids for 5-star hotel project above Gandhinagar railway station
- 27 July, 2018 Progress of development of Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor
- 5 July, 2017 9 Countries Shows Interest in Indian Railways Station Redevelopment Programme
- 28 June, 2018 Station Redevelopment: Sanjeev Kumar Lohia MD & CEO, IRSDC Inspects Station Redevelopment Work at Habibganj Railway Station
- 8 June, 2017 Railways Working On A Roadmap To Collaborate With Malaysia To Redevelop 20 Stations
- 23 April, 2018 Rail Station Redevelopment Update : IRSDC to raise INR 4000 Crores for upgrading 50 stations