Date of Post : 25 July, 2017
Kolkata: The Mahakaran station site is likely to be handed over to Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC), the executing agency of East-West Metro, Today.
The process of cordoning off the site for the construction of the station will start on Wednesday.
KMRC spokesperson A K Nandy said,”There were a few technical differences between us and the state government. But we have ironed out those differences and agreed on a design. There are no hitches any more. Now it is only a matter of time before the site is formally handed over.”
- The Esplanade & Mahakaran stations will have 2 entrances & 2 exits.
- The construction of Esplanade station, planned as the interchange between the North-South, East-West & Joka BBD Bag lines, has already begun.
- Such an interchange of 3 Metro lines is extremely rare in India.
- The surface bus & tram stations will also be redesigned to turn the station into a major transport hub.
- The estimated time for the completion of stations is around 3 years.