Date of Post: 31 Dec, 2018
The mobility plan for metro rail project in the Dehradun is ready, according to a report. Once completed, over 1.69 lakh passengers will avail its services on a daily basis, it said. The Light Rail Transit System (LRTS) based Doon metro rail project will have two corridors, Jagran reported.
- The Comprehensive Mobility Plan (CMP) has suggested 2 different options for the two corridors of Doon Metro project, Jitendra Tyagi Managing Director Uttarakhand Metro Rail Corporation told the paper.
- While both the options maintain the first corridor connecting ISBT to Kandoli, second corridor has 2 options – first connecting Forest Research Institute (FRI) to Rispana bridge and second connecting FRI to Raipur area.
- Both of the options for the second corridor have almost identical number of passengers.
- However, space required for constructing a maintenance depot, which is technically more important, will be easily available in the Raipur region making FRI-Raipur corridor more favourable for the second metro line in the city, as per the report.
- CMP also mentions future extension of ISBT-Kandoli corridor and suggests 2 options – first one connecting Kandoli to Canal road and the second connecting Kandoli and Mussoorie Road, according to the report.
- Fare for the metro has been fixed according to year 2023 and will cost a minimum of Rs 13 while the maximum ticket price will be Rs 40, Tyagi said.
Image Credit: Birgün Gazetes
To know more about recent developments of Metro –
29 Dec, 2018: NMRC announces fares for soon to be opened Aqua Line
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .