Date Of Post: 13 Apr, 2018
Mumbai: The CRS (Commissioner of Railway Safety) has finally given clearance for the monorail phase 2 corridor between Wadala and Jacob Circle, giving the MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region development Authority) the nod to start the entire corridor, Phase-I (Chembur-Wadala) and Phase-II together. The MMRDA now needs to get the state government’s nod for commencing work on the entire corridor.
- The CRS had submitted the final report on Tuesday, and has given a conditional clearance.
- The sanction entails 10-15 conditions that the MMRDA has to abide by before starting the corridor.
- We have received clearance from CRS on Tuesday. Some conditions have been put forward in the report before starting the corridor,” additional Metropolitan Commissioner Sanjay Khandare said.
- Now we will approach the state government in three-four days for their sanction. Once the state nods, we can start the service immediately,” he added.
- The report mentions several conditions focussing on the maintenance & safety aspect of the service, so that commuters are safe in case of any untoward incident in future, according to the MMRDA.
- It talks of specific conditions like, provision for spare rakes in case of an emergency, technical helpline in the service among others.
Image Credit: Bombaywallas – Wikimedia Commons