Date of Post : 22 Aug, 2017
KOCHI: Cochin Port Trust has assured that it will provide the land required for the proposed RoB (Railway over Bridge) at Vathuruthy.
Officials from Roads & Bridges Development Corporation, Cochin Port Trust, & the Navy are jointly expected to finalise the alignment of the bridge within 10 days.
If land is needed for the project, it will come forward to provide the land, Port Trust said.
- The Port Trust was the custodian of the Union government land, & a formal request for land for a public cause would be processed as per the land management rules, sources said.
- The Port Trust had provided land for public projects.
- The recent projects include the Kannangatt-Willingdon Island Road, which is yet to be commissioned.
- Though the approach road on the West Kochi side is still to be finalised, the land for the project on Willingdon Island has already been handed over & the works are near completion.
- K.V. Thomas, MP, will request the Railways to include the Vathuruthy RoB in the list of priority projects.
- K.J. Maxy, MLA, has earmarked Rs 20 crore from the MLA fund for the project.
People Also Viewed :
- 9 May, 2017 Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya to Inaugurate Govindpuri Rail Overbridge
- 19 July, 2017 Government Identified 10 Rail over Bridges For Construction In Rajasthan
- 7 October, 2017 Guntur Municipal Corporation Plans To Construct 3 Rail-under & 2 Road-over-Bridges At Railway Crossing Gates & Lanes at various locations
- 5 May, 2017 World’s Highest Rail Bridge Over Chenab River in J&K to be Completed in 2 Years, Here are some amazing facts about it
- 25 April, 2017 RVNL finalised 3 International consultants to ready the preliminary design of the new span at Pamban Bridge
- 28 June, 2017 Madurai Railway Junction To Soon Have Second Foot overbridge
- 18 December, 2017 PWD Issues Fund For Social Impact Assessment (SIA) Study For Construction of RoB (Railway-over Bridge) At Melaranoor
- 6 October, 2017 Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation Identified 32 Locations Across Mumbai To Construct New Foot-over Bridges & Subways
- 11 August, 2017 Ministry of Railways Approved Three Project of Doubling and Flyover
- 30 December, 2017 Flyover-Cum-Rail-Over Bridge Project in Narela Estimated at INR 437.21 Crore Initiated