Date of Post : 22 Aug, 2017
KOCHI: Cochin Port Trust has assured that it will provide the land required for the proposed RoB (Railway over Bridge) at Vathuruthy.
Officials from Roads & Bridges Development Corporation, Cochin Port Trust, & the Navy are jointly expected to finalise the alignment of the bridge within 10 days.
If land is needed for the project, it will come forward to provide the land, Port Trust said.
- The Port Trust was the custodian of the Union government land, & a formal request for land for a public cause would be processed as per the land management rules, sources said.
- The Port Trust had provided land for public projects.
- The recent projects include the Kannangatt-Willingdon Island Road, which is yet to be commissioned.
- Though the approach road on the West Kochi side is still to be finalised, the land for the project on Willingdon Island has already been handed over & the works are near completion.
- K.V. Thomas, MP, will request the Railways to include the Vathuruthy RoB in the list of priority projects.
- K.J. Maxy, MLA, has earmarked Rs 20 crore from the MLA fund for the project.