Date of Post: 21 Nov, 2018
Noida: The NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation), on Tuesday, awarded co-branding rights for 3 stations on Noida-Greater Noida (Aqua Line) Metro Corridor. With a highest bid of Rs 1.62 crore, business conglomerate Jai Prakash Associates has won the co-branding right for the Pari Chowk station, officials said.
- The co-branding rights for 2 other stations – Noida Sector 137 and Alpha 1 – have been given to Independent New Services Private Limited and Tauras Financial Services Private Limited, respectively.
- P D Upadhyay, Executive Director, NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation) said that the bidding for Noida Sector 137 was awarded for Rs 82 lakh and that for Alpha 1 for Rs 60.51 lakh.
- The rights have been awarded for a period of 10 years, Upadhyay added.
- However, during the first round of auction, the rights for only 3 out of the 21 stations could be awarded.
- Besides the passenger fares, the NMRC had decided to rent out for advertisement space for the names of its metro stations to make for the costs of running and maintaining the Aqua Line.
- According to the official, the Corporation had invited bids for co-branding rights on its 21 stations on September 7, 2018 but had attracted only 9 bids.
- He said,”The biddings for the 18 remaining stations have been invited again and the process will end on December 13.”
Last Mile Connectivity-
- The NMRC also announced floating tenders to invite firms for providing e-rickshaw service at all its 21 stations to ensure last mile connectivity for passengers.
- Upadhyay said,”The e rickshaws will be given space near the metro stations and will ferry passengers to and fro nearby societies on a set route.”
- He said,”The companies selected for the service will have to pay a certain amount of fee to the NMRC, which will provide them parking and charging space at the stations for some fee.”
- The contract period for the e-rickshaw service will be 5 years.
- The tender opens for the e-rickshaw service on November 22 and closes on December 17.
- The soon to be opened Aqua Line would run between Sector 71 station in Noida and the Depot Station in Greater Noida, covering 29.7 km through 21 stations.
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .