Date of Post : 26 July, 2017
Lucknow: The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) will make an on-site inspection of operational preparedness of the Lucknow Metro Rail service on July 27 and 28 before giving green light to the project to be thrown open to the public.
- LMRC has been conducting trials for 16 hours a day for the last 10 days with 254 operations and maintenance staff, to ensure nothing is left to chance.
- “The CMRS will ensure that the 8.9 kilometre elevated line from Transport Nagar to Charbagh railway station conforms to the prescribed standards and specifications before it is opened for passenger traffic,” said the LMRC official.
Security Features at Stations:
- Security Control Room
- Door Frame
- Hand-held Metal Detectors
- X-ray Baggage Scanners
“We have adopted the security measures being followed by Chennai Metro. UP police will carry out regular patrolling at the station. Besides bomb and dog squads, Quick Response Team would also be on stand-by,” he said.
- The LMRC had received technical clearance of its rolling stock (metro train) from the Ministry of Railways on June 8, allowing a maximum operational speed of 80 km/hr.
- LMRC has estimated the annual operation and maintenance cost of the 22.8- kilometre North-South corridor at Rs 114.75 crore.