Date of Post: 06 Oct, 2018
Chennai: CMRL (Chennai Metro Rail Limited) successfully installed and commissioned another 103 KWp Roof Top Solar PV Power System in ancillary buildings of 4 Under Ground Metro Stations namely Thirumangalam, Anna Nagar Tower , Anna Nagar East and Shenoy Nagar Metro Stations. It is expected to generate around 13800 units per month and saves around Rs.6,34,744 lakhs per year.
- This method of Generated Solar Power will be utilized for technical demands.
- Now the installed capacity of Roof Top Solar Power by CMRL is 1.6 MW in total.
- Another 6.0 MW Roof Top Solar Power installation is under progress.
- It is expected to be completed by the end of this year 2018.
- CMRL being very much committed to achieve energy security, to reduce carbon emission and Green energy concept by generating renewable energy by installing Roof Top Solar PV Power System in different premises of Roof Top area in sheds of Metro Rail depot situated at Koyambedu, Elevated and Under Ground Metro Stations.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .