Date of Post : 02 Aug, 2017
CHENNAI: Chennai Metro Rail (CMRL) has started monthly educational trips for government school students in an effort to raise awareness about the facility.
The educational trips which began on July 13 will include a metro ride between Nehru Park & Airport.
Approx 1500 students have so far participated in these trips.
- Students will be explained on the various features, facilities & the technology including safety features in metro trains & Stations.
- A total of 1,500 students from government & corporation schools were taken in metro trains till July 31.
Students along with their teachers participated in these educational trips –
- Chennai Girls Higher Secondary School, Pulla Avenue, Shenoy Nagar
- ICF Colony Primary Schools
- Silver Jubilee Nursery & primary School
- Silver Jubilee Matric & Higher Sec School
- CHSS Subburayan School
People Also Viewed :
- 13 October, 2017 Chennai Metro Rail Starts Bus Feeder Services From Nehru Park Metro Station
- 26 July, 2017 CMRL Adopted A Mechanism To Save 2,000 Litres Of Water Every Day
- 5 June, 2017 Chennai Metro To Install Food kiosks In All Underground Stations
- 2 February, 2018 Chennai Metro Update: State Industries Minister Sh. M C Sampath Inspects Construction Work In Saidapet, AG-DMS and Central Metro Stations
- 2 May, 2017 Chennai Metro Update: Mobile transmitters to install at 7.6 km underground stretch in 2 months
- 27 January, 2018 Chennai Metro Update: Chennai Metro Rail Begins Trial Runs Between Nehru Park & Chennai Central
- 2 May, 2017 Summer Surprise of Chennai Metro: Hi Tech AC To Be Installed at Metro stations
- 1 August, 2017 CMRL Invite Tenders To Design, Manufacture & Supply Of Contactless Smart Cards
- 25 November, 2017 Chennai Metro Update: JICA To Fund 50% Of Metro Phase-II Project In Chennai
- 12 December, 2017 Chennai Metro Update: CMRL Completes Entire Tunnelling Work For First Phase Of Metro Rail Project