Date of Post: 29 Dec, 2018
Chennai: CMRL (Chennai Metro Rail Ltd) commissioned another 380 KWp Solar PV Power Plant in the premises of two and four wheeler Parking Roof Sheds at 3 Metro Stations namely Anna Nagar East, Pachiappas College and Nehru Park and Ground area inside the Metro Rail depot, according to a release.
- It is expected to generate around 45600 units per month and saves around Rs.11,92,896 per year, the release said.
- These Solar Plant Projects were executed under Zero Capital Investment by CMRL and based on RESCO Model under Solar energy Corporation of India (SECI ) Scheme, on monthly Tariff basis payment, it said.
- This method of Generated Solar Power will be utilized for technical demands, it said.
- The release said, now the installed capacity of Roof Top Solar Power by CMRL is 3.76 MW in total.
- Another 4.2 MW Roof Top Solar Power installation is under progress which is expected to be completed by the month of February 2019, it said.
- CMRL being very much committed to achieve energy security, to reduce carbon emission and Green energy concept by generating renewable energy by installing Roof Top Solar PV Power System, it said.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India.
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information.