Date of Post: 30 Aug, 2017
Lucknow: The much awaited Lucknow Metro finally get the date to start the commercial operations. On September 05, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath will falg off a commercial run of the Lucknow Metro.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
- Lucknow Metro project is the fastest project to be completed within three years of launching the initial construction.
- Union Home Minister and Lucknow Member of Parliament (MP) Rajnath Singh would also be present along with CM Adityanath for the flagging off ceremony that is slated for next week on Tuesday.
- March 30: Research Designs & Standards Organisation (RDSO) certified Lucknow Metro for a safe run based on the successful completion of the oscillation trials.
- June 08: Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) secured technical clearance from the Ministry of Railways.
- August 14: Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) gave nod for the commercial operations.
THE COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS
- Initially, Lucknow Metro would operate in an 8.5-km-long network between Lucknow airport and the Charbagh railway station.
- The section from Lucknow Airport to Charbagh is part of the 23-km-long North-South corridor having 21 stations.
- Lucknow Metro would initially operate four trains on the priority route.
- These trains will have a standing capacity of 1,000 passengers, besides accommodating 186 others who can choose to sit and travel.