Date of Post : 25 Aug, 2017
Kochi: As the 3rd reach of Metro works have begun from Maharajas college – Jos junction, the city police authorities have chalked out an action plan for traffic diversion to facilitate Metro rail construction.
On Wednesday, a meeting of city police authorities & KMRL (Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.) officials held, discussed the plans which will be implemented only after Onam festival days.
- A top city police official said,“Though traffic regulations to be imposed along the stretch were discussed at the meeting, it is not practical to implement the proposals during the busy Onam days. Hence, it has been generally agreed to enforce curbs after the festival season.”
- Being a busy & narrow junction, vehicles have to be diverted from Jos junction once the works are in full swing.
- Once, barricades are erected, the 4-lane traffic along the stretch will be reduced to 2-lane & vehicles will have to be diverted through Chittoor Road or other alternative routes.
- Traffic police authorities are hopeful of managing the diversion & rerouting of vehicles with ease.
- Construction works from Jos junction – Thykoodam is targeted to be completed by March 2019.