Date of Post : 27 July, 2017
Navi Mumbai: CIDCO is in talks with MIDC for funding the cost of the Metro project that will run through a stretch of MIDC land.
A meeting between the CIDCO & MIDC officials was scheduled on Thursday.
“We will discuss about the stretch of the line passing through MIDC land,” Cidco MD, Bhushan Gagrani said.
- Sources said, CIDCO will put forth before MIDC the standard cost recovery for each km that is built.
- The Taloja industrial belt will also benefit from the seamless connectivity of Belapur railway station with the industrial hub.
- CIDCO land ends at Pendhar, after which there is MIDC land where the line will run for about 3 to 4 km.
- As a stakeholder, MIDC will also approve the interim DPR (Detailed Project Report) submitted by RITES (Rail India Technical & Economic Service).
- The government undertaking, engaged in providing expert engineering consultancy, has submitted an interim DPR on lines II, III & IV.
- The loop line III will provide direct connectivity to the new international airport.