Date of Post: 21 Feb, 2019
Navi Mumbai: CIDCO (City and Industrial Development Corporation) has approved to partly fund the Kalyan-Taloja Metro line-12 in equity to the extent of alignment falling within its jurisdiction.
- For a further connectivity to NMIA (Navi Mumbai International Airport ), the Thane-Bhiwandi-Kalyan Metro-5, which is being implemented by the MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority), has been extended up to Taloja in Navi Mumbai.
- Earlier, the MMRDA had sought state approval for extending the project in CIDCO jurisdiction and requested the latter to contribute towards the cost of the project estimated at Rs 5,865 crore.
- The authority said in a statement, “CIDCO Board discussed the funding contribution to the total cost for the Kalyan-Taloja metro line being constructed by MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) and decided to share the equity of the project to the extent of alignment falling within jurisdiction of Navi Mumbai and NAINA.”
- This corridor is expected to accelerate development in the regions encouraging people to come to these nodes from the already-crowded pockets of the city.
- It said, “It will also help in decongesting Mumbai by accelerating developments and generate employment opportunities here”.
- The total length of the project is 20.756 km and nearly 4 kms fall in the jurisdiction of CIDCO.
- It is expected to be completed by 2026.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )