Date Of Post: 09 Apr, 2018
Maligaon: Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, Chief Minister of Assam along with Minister of State of Railways Shri Rajen Gohain, jointly flagged off a new express train service between Dibrugarh & Silchar from Dibrugarh station. This train will go a long way in strengthening the bond between people of Barak and Brahmaputra valleys apart from improving rail connectivity.
- In his speech, Sonowal expressed his happiness over introduction of this new service.
- He thanked Prime Minister Modi for taking special interest in development of North East Region by allocating more than Rs 90,000 crores.
- He hoped that more such services will be introduced in near future to fulfil the wish of the common people of North-eastern region.
- Rajen Gohain Minister of State of Railways in his speech hoped that the new train will be very helpful for students studying in universities, medical colleges and engineering colleges apart from businessmen etc.
- It will also be helpful for people of Mizoram, Manipur & Arunachal Pradesh.
About The Train-
- The regular service of the train will start from 16.04.2018 from Dibrugarh and from Silchar on 17.04.2018.
- Train number 15944 Dibrugarh – Silchar Express will leave Dibrugarh every Monday at 19-00 hrs to arrive at Silchar at 08-40 hrs on Tuesday.
- During return journey the 15943 Silchar – Dibrugarh Express will leave from Silchar every Tuesday at 22-15 hrs to arrive Dibrugarh at 11-20 hrs next day.
- The train will have AC 2 tier, AC 3 tier, Sleeper class and General Second class accommodation available.
The train will have stoppages at-
- Sibsagar Town
- Simaluguri Jn
- Mariani Jn
- Furkating Jn
- New Haflong
- Badarpur Jn