Date of Post: 02 Nov, 2017
Chennai: The work on the elevated stretch of the phase I extension of the Chennai Metro Rail is all set to begin. The firms NCC Limited & Simplex Infrastructure Limited have been awarded the contract to construct six metro stations & viaduct from Tondiarpet to Wimco Nagar.
The 6 Metro Stations Are
- Toll Gate
- Gowri Ashram
- Wimco Nagar
Finish The Work Without Any Delay
- An official said,“This time we have separated the work in such a way so as to award two contracts so that the firms can finish the work without any delay.”
- The work on this stretch is likely to be completed and open to public by 2019.
- The Phase I extension project
- The phase-I extension project, estimated to cost Rs 3,770 crore (approx US$ 583.5 Million) just saw the completion of tunnelling work from Washermanpet to Korukkupet.
- The work on laying track & other work such as construction of cross passages will be taken up soon.
- This stretch runs underground from Washermanpet to Korukkupet and then runs as an elevated corridor up to Wimco Nagar.