Date of Post: 26 May, 2018
Two Underground stretches of Nehru Park to Chennai Central and Saidapet to AG-DMS were opened on Friday.
More Details :
- These two are the fourth and fifth stretches to be opened in the network.
- The stretch between Saidapet and AG-DMS will enable train services between the airport and AG-DMS, and between Little Mount and AG-DMS.
- The fare from the airport to Chennai Central via Koyambedu (25 km) will be Rs. 70 .
- The minimum fare on the line is Rs. 10.
- Phase-I of the Chennai Metro project ( 45 km ) is expected to be completed by the end of this year
People Also Viewed :
- 27 January, 2018 Chennai Metro Update: Chennai Metro Rail Begins Trial Runs Between Nehru Park & Chennai Central
- 18 November, 2017 CMRL Plans To Introduce Driverless Trains In Chennai Metro Rail Phase-II
- 27 November, 2017 First Stretch Of Chennai Metro Phase-II To Be Operational In Next Eight Years
- 13 March, 2018 Chennai Metro Update: CMRL Begins Trial Runs In 4 km Long Underground Section Between Little Mount and AG-DMS
- 13 October, 2017 Chennai Metro Rail Starts Bus Feeder Services From Nehru Park Metro Station
- 21 July, 2017 Trial Runs Begin Between Little Mount & AG-DMS Underground on Anna Salai
- 2 May, 2017 Chennai Metro Update: Mobile transmitters to install at 7.6 km underground stretch in 2 months
- 2 May, 2017 Summer Surprise of Chennai Metro: Hi Tech AC To Be Installed at Metro stations
- 27 February, 2018 Chennai Metro Update : Tenders called for installing , testing and commissioning of tracks in the elevated, underground sections and the depot at Wimco Nagar.
- 8 December, 2017 Chennai Metro Update: May Day Park to AG-DMS Stretch Of Chennai Metro Likely To Be Operational By The End Of 2018