Date Of Post: 27 Feb, 2018
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has called for tenders to install, test and commission tracks in the elevated, underground sections and the depot at Wimco Nagar.
Further Details of the Project :
- It is a part of the 9km phase-1 extension project .
- The project has been launched at an estimated cost of Rs 3,770 crore between Washermenpet and Wimco Nagar .
- It is expected to be ready by 2019.
- Here , It shall be the Installation of ballast-less tracks of standard gauge .
- Efforts are also simultaneously on to find a contractor for design, manufacture, installation of the overhead equipment (OHE) that will supply power for the operation of trains.
- CMRL is also building an elevated maintenance depot at Wimco Nagar that will cater to servicing the expanding fleet.
- In about a year after the project was launched in July, 2016, the first tunnel between Washermenpet and Korukkupet was completed in September 2017, followed by the second tunnel in October, 2017.
- CMRL officials said they could complete tunnel building, which forms the major part of the construction work, ahead of the deadline as the soil condition was favourable for faster tunnel boring.
- Simultaneously, work to build the pile foundation to assemble the viaduct for the seven-kilometre elevated corridor between Korukkupet and Wimco Nagar also has begun.
Image Credit : Karty Jazz