Date Of Post: 31 Jan, 2018
Chennai: CMRL (Chennai Metro Rail Limited) will run Metro trains between Shenoy Nagar & St Thomas Mount stations with a frequency of 7 minutes during peak hours from February 1. Currently, the frequency is 9-10 minutes during peak hours & 20 minutes during non-peak hours.
- From February 1, trains will run in every 7 minutes between Shenoy Nagar & St Thomas Mount during peak hours — from 8.30am to 10.30am & from 5pm to 8.30pm.
- CMRL is introducing the new time table following a traffic survey which showed that the maximum number of office-goers travel between Shenoy Nagar & St Thomas Mount in corridor 2.
- According to a press release, hence, CMRL decided to make the change first in this corridor.
- Currently, trains run between Shenoy Nagar & St Thomas Mount and Little Mount & Airport from 6am to 10pm.
- The new time table will be applicable from Monday to Saturday.
Image Credit: Chennai Metro