Date of post: 8 Feb, 2019
Chennai: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate underground stretch of the Chennai Metro between Washermenpet and AG-DMS on 10 February. This is the last leg of the 45-km phase-1 of the Chennai Metro rail project.
The 9.5-km underground line has 8 underground stations including:
- High Court
- Government Estate
- Thousand Lights
- Once the 9.5 km line completed, it will mark the completion of entire Phase-1 of Chennai Metro.
- This stretch will give commuters an opportunity to travel from Washermanpet all the way to Chennai airport directly via Little Mount.
- Currently, the stretches from AG-DMS to airport, Chennai Central to St Thomas Mount and Koyambedu to airport, totalling 35 km, are operational.
- CMRL is also working on Phase-2 project of Chennai Metro.
- The Phase-2 covers 119 km which includes 3 corridors:
- Madhavaram to Sholinganallur
- Madhavaram to CMBT
- Light House to Meenakshi college
- The phase-2 project is expected to be operational by 2024.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
21 Jan, 2019: Work on Phase-2 of Chennai Metro to commence this year
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )