Date Of Post: 19 May, 2018
Chennai: KA Manoharan, the Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety, Southern Circle, on Friday inspected the metro rail upline from Little Mount (Saidapet ramp) to AG-DMS. Once Manoharan gives his clearance, trains will be run between Chennai airport & AG-DMS and between St-Thomas Mount & AG-DMS.
- The inspection covered several civil operations & system readiness, this includes-
- Overhead equipment height and stagger measurement
- Demonstration of fire hydrant at ramp area
- Demonstration of TVS jet fans and walkway clearance measurement at every 200-m interval
- Demonstration of passenger emergency telephone
- Public announcement
- Passenger information displays
- Lifts & escalators
- The inspection comes 3 days after Manoharan and his team inspected the underground single line section between Shenoy Nagar & Nehru Park (one line in this section is already operational), and subsequently double line between Nehru Park & Chennai Metro.
Image Credit: Chennai Metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .