Date of post: 17 Jan, 2019
Chennai: The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) will conduct final inspection between AG-DMS and Washermanpet stretch of Chennai Metro’s phase-1 project soon. The final safety inspection by the CMRS on this stretch will be held on 19 and 20 January.
- This inspection is mandatory and only after the final clearance, operations can begin on this stretch.
- During the inspection, the CMRS will inspect various parts of the stations, the facilities available for passengers.
- The CMRS will also look at the working of systems including signalling & telecommunications, alignment of track and tunnels connecting the stations.
- Work on Chennai Metro Rail project has been going on for the last 6 years and AG-DMS to Washermanpet stretch will bring the project to an end.
- This stretch between AG-DMS and Washermanpet will be fully underground.
- Stations will have on this stretch include – LIC, Thousand Lights, Government Estate, Mannady, Madras High Court and Washermanpet.
- When this stretch becomes operational, about 35 trains will run at a frequency of 5 minutes across the 45 kilometer network.
- This stretch will give commuters an opportunity to travel from Washermanpet all the way to Chennai airport directly via Little Mount.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )