Date of Post: 15 Dec, 2018
The final inspection between AG-DMS and Washermanpet stretch of Chennai Metro’s phase-1 will be held in the mid of the January next year. The final safety inspection by the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) on this stretch has been scheduled in the second week of January next year, according to sources.
- The documents have been submitted to CMRS.
- An official said ,“The CMRS will have to examine them and if he has any queries, we will have it clarified after which the final inspection will be carried out”.
- This inspection is mandatory and the CMRS will inspect various parts of the stations, the facilities available for passengers.
- The CMRS will also look at the working of systems including signalling & telecommunications, alignment of track and tunnels connecting the stations.
- Work on Chennai Metro Rail project has been going on for the last 6 years and AG-DMS to Washermanpet stretch will bring the project to an end.
- This stretch between AG-DMS and Washermanpet will be fully underground.
- Stations will have on this stretch include – LIC, Thousand Lights, Government Estate, Mannady, Madras High Court and Washermanpet.
- When this stretch becomes operational, about 35 trains will run at a frequency of 5 minutes across the fourty five-kilometer network.
- This stretch will give commuters an opportunity to travel from Washermanpet all the way to Chennai airport directly via Little Mount.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
08 Dec, 2018: Alstom to manufacture 10 more trains for Chennai Metro
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .