Date of Post: 19 Jan, 2019
Chennai: Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) KA Manoharan, along with his team today inspected the underground stretch of Phase-1, from AG-DMS to Washermanpet. This stretch in the Blue Line of the Chennai Metro Rail Project Phase-1 will be the last section of the 45 km alignment.
- The CMRS inspected the track, airflow, signal and other parameters this morning.
- The 9.5-km underground line has 8 underground stations including Washermenpet, Mannadi, High Court, Central, Government Estate, LIC, Thousand Lights, and AG-DMS.
- This inspection is mandatory and only after the final clearance, operations can begin on this stretch.
- Several Civil , operations and system readiness namely OHE height and stagger measurement, Demonstration of fire hydrant at Ramp Area, Demonstration of TVS Jet fans, Ramp Sump pump Inspection and Overview, Measurement of Schedule of Dimensions (SODs), Gauge, level and clearance measurement at every 200m intervals, Demonstration of Passenger Emergency Telephone (PET), Public Announcement (PAP) and Passenger Information Displays (PIDS),Lifts and Escalators, HV room and M05 room to name a few will be inspected during the two day inspection.
- Work on Chennai Metro Rail project has been going on for the last 6 years and AG-DMS to Washermanpet stretch will bring the project to an end.
- This stretch will give commuters an opportunity to travel from Washermanpet all the way to Chennai airport directly via Little Mount.
- Once opens to the public, it will mark the completion of entire Phase-1 of Chennai Metro’s Phase-1 project.
- As of now, the stretches from AG-DMS to airport, Chennai Central to St Thomas Mount and Koyambedu to airport, totalling 35 km, are operational.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )