Date of Post: 19 Sep, 2018
Chennai: The CMRL (Chennai Metro Rail Ltd) has appointed two consultants to carry out the detailed design work for Phase-2 of metro rail projects, according to a report. The phase-2 of Chennai Metro includes two corridors – Madhavaram to CMBT and Madhavaram to Shollinganallur via Purasawalkam and Mylapore, it said.
The two consultants are-
- Consortium of CEG-AECOM
- Systra, France
- The Phase-2 of the project will cover 108 km in length and cost Rs 80,000 crore, The Hindu reported.
- The project will receive a loan from the JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency), and the state will fund 25 to 30 per cent of the total cost.
- CMRL has also sent notices to acquire 800 properties for the construction of the phase-2 of the metro rail project.
- Soil tests are also in progress to find the geological conditions before planning underground sections of the project.
- Already, CEG-AECOM consortium is working on the phase-1 of Chennai Metro.
- It has also worked on the preliminary design of Hyderabad Metro in the past.
- Systra had prepared the design for the Chennai Metro Phase-1 expansion from Washermanpet to Thiruvottiyur.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .