Date of Post: 27 Oct, 2018
Chennai: CMRL (Chennai Metro Rail Ltd) had taken an initiative to provide feeder services by using shared auto and shared taxi cab services at selected metro stations on trial basis for a period of 6 months, as a part of providing last mile connectivity to metro rail passengers. CMRL, on Friday, has introduced a new stop on the feeder service between DLF cyber city IT Park and Alandur Metro Station.
- 4 tempo travelers are plying between DLF cyber city IT Park and Alandur Metro Station currently for an interval of 15 minutes, costing only Rs. 20.
- On weekdays, the route from Alandur metro station to DLF will now travel through the L&T office with a frequency of every 15 minutes.
- During weekends, the same service will take two routes, one from Alandur metro station to DLF Via L&T office to Saravana stores to SRM Easwari Engineering College and then back to Alandur metro and the other route from Alandur metro station to Phoenix Mall Via ITC Grand Chola and Velachery Main road, to help shoppers and those looking to relax.
- A release from the CMRL said, the two routes will also have the standard rate of Rs 20.
- The feeder services will be available from 6.30 am to 9.30 pm on all days.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .