Date of Post: 25 Oct, 2018
Chennai: The Chennai Metro Rail Limited installed a 410 KWp solar power plant on the rooftop of the Koyambedu depot. Earlier this month, the CMRL had installed solar panels in 4 metro stations, namely Thirumangalam, Anna Nagar Tower, Anna Nagar East and Shenoy Nagar metro stations.
Image Credit: CMRL
- A release from the CMRL said,“CMRL is committed to achieving energy security, to reduce carbon emission and promote green energy concept by generating renewable energy, especially by installing rooftop solar power systems.”
- The release said that the solar panels at Koyambedu depot are expected to generate around 55,350 units per month and will around Rs 14,49,948 lakhs per year.
- Now the installed capacity of Rooftop Solar Power by CMRL is 2.1 MW in total.
- Another 5.5 MW rooftop solar power system installation is underway and is expected to be completed by the end of December.
- CMRL being very much committed to achieve energy security, to reduce carbon emission & Green energy concept by generating renewable energy by installing Rooftop Solar PV Power System in different premises of Roof Top area and Ground Area of Metro Rail Depot, Elevated and Underground Stations.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .