Date Of Post: 11 Jan, 2018
Lucknow: Lucknow’s Charbagh Railway Station, will soon receive a makeover just like the International airports. Rs 6,000 crore will be spent by the Indian Railways on the project with a world-class look which is expected to be completed within 3 years, according to reports.
Image Credit: Vineet Wal – Flickr
Revamping Of Station-
- A complete revamping of this railway station has been planned.
- A concourse of 9 meters height, which will be approx 180 meters in length has been planned.
- It will cover all the platforms on the railway station
Kalzip roofing has been planned which will have facilities like-
- Retail area
- Waiting area
- Food court
- Shopping area
- Drinking water
Image Credit: IRSDC
Transformation Of The Station-
- In order to handle more traffic through the station, two additional platforms are being made.
- The outer heritage look of the station will be preserved, while the inside part will be transformed completely & will be disabled-friendly as well, as per reports.
- Also, the Charbagh railway station will be connected to the Lucknow metro, and will also undergo an expansion.
Image Credit: Mohit – Wikimedia Commons