Date Of Post: 07 June, 2018
New Delhi: Avantha Group Company, CG Power & Industrial Solutions (CG) has bagged an order from Indian Railways valued at Rs 319 crore to supply under slung electrics for diesel electric tower car (DETC), the company said.
Large quantities of DETCs are required for massive track electrification drive taken up by Railways across the country, a company statement said.
- More than 1,000 DETCs shall be required for electrification and thereafter for inspection & maintenance in the coming years, according to the statement.
- It said, this came on the back of certain successful executions of earlier railway orders by CG Power where it worked with multiple partners to erect & commission various projects at railway production units & railway sheds.
- It added, CG Power is the first to design, develop, integrate, receive approval and commission state-of-the-art propulsion system for diesel electric tower car with underslung electrics working in close coordination with ICF Chennai.
- “CG has been a long serving partner of Indian Railways. With the Indian Railways making bold moves towards electrification, this partnership has become even more critical and value-accretive,” CG’s CEO & Managing Director, K N Neelkant, said.
- Neelkant added,”With its commitment to state-of-the-art technology and innovation, CG has been able to provide customised solutions to the Indian Railways which has enabled it to make more significant contributions. We are confident that in days to come, this relationship will form an essential part of the Indian Railways modernization.”
Image Credit: CG
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .