Date of Post: 25 Nov, 2017
Mumbai: Avantha Group Company CG has bagged an order of Rs 111 crore from Indian Railways for Drive Propulsion System of Electric Loco at Chittaranjan Locomotive Works.
About The System-
- CG’s Drive Propulsion System comprises of IGBT based Traction converter, Auxiliary converter, TCN based Vehicle control unit & Driver Display Unit which helps to run trains efficiently at a higher speed with reduced energy consumption.
- The order is significant to Indian Railways capacity enhancement plans & meets the demand for electric loco products with an emphasis on propulsion system.
- This opens up huge opportunities for CG especially in electric locomotives.
- CG is an approved supplier of electrical products such as transformer, traction motors & drive propulsion system and has continuously focused on aligning itself with the requirements of Indian Railways.
- Besides catering to the regular & conventional equipment needs of Indian Railways in the field of rolling stock products, CG is also keenly working to meet the new technologically advanced emerging needs of Railways.