Date Of Post: 24 Nov, 2017
Itanagar: Giving a big boost to railway connectivity in Arunachal Pradesh, the Centre has released Rs 47.18 crore to the Northeastern Frontier Railway (Construction) for survey work for three lines in the NE states, including the Misamari-Tawang line. Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra informed this to Arunachal Pradesh chief secretary Satya Gopal through a letter on November 10 last, said an official communiqué informed.
- Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman along with a team of senior officers from the ministry, including Mitra, had held a high level meeting with Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu, state Land Management Minister Nabam Rebia & senior state government officials headed by Chief Secretary Satya Gopal on November 4 during her visit to the state.
- Sitharaman had assured release of requisite funds for conducting the survey for laying the strategic rail line from Missamari (Assam) to Tawang bordering the Tibet region of China.
- The defence secretary assured the state government that there would be no funding constraints & necessary resources would be made available for the work.
- Railways have been requested to intimate exact requirement of additional fund during 2017-18, he said.
- The defence minister is taking up the issue of early completion of the survey work separately with the railways minister, Mitra added in the letter.