Date of Post: June 16, 2017
Vijayawada: Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu said here on Thursday, the Centre has given the nod to connect Amaravati with Vijayawada and Guntur by laying a circular rail line at a cost of Rs 2,680 crore (approx US$ 412.31 Million).
The rail line, extending to 105 kilometer, would ensure that the twin cities of Guntur & Vijayawada are connected directly to Amaravati.
* Prabhu, making the announcement at the ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ programme held here, said the Indian Railways (IR) has the potential to change the face of the country.
* Centre had made investments to the tune of Rs 3.75 lakh crore in the Railways during the last 3 years, he added.
* The results had begun to show as the Railways has registered an astounding increase of 1,740 per cent in passenger & freight revenues.
* He said,“The Railways will modernise 40,000 coaches over the next 2 years,”
* Minister for Health K. Srinivas, Minister for Social Welfare Nakka Ananda Babu, MP, Guntur Jayadev Galla, MP, Visakhapatnam, K. Hari Babu, MLA A. Rajendra Prasad and BJP Polit Bureau member Y. Raghunatha Babu were present at the occasion.