Date of Post: 4 January, 2018
The Centre is examining the proposal for Phase-IV of Delhi Metro after it was forwarded by the city government in the last week of December, Parliament was informed on Thursday. The proposal was received by the Centre on December 28, in reply to a written question in Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri said.
- Puri said, “The proposal of Delhi Metro Phase-IV has been received from the government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi through Delhi Metro Rail Corporation on 28.12.2018 and is under examination.”
- No fund has been approved for the project so far, in reply to another question, he said.
- Among the projects chosen under the Phase IV are:
- Rithala-Bawana-Narela (21.73 km, elevated)
- Janakpuri West-RK Ashram (28.92 km, 21.18-km elevated )
- Mukundpur-Maujpur (12.54 km, elevated)
- Inderlok-Indraprastha (12.58 km, underground)
- Aero City-Tughlakabad (20.2 km, 5.58-km elevated)
- Lajpat Nagar-Saket G Block (7.96 km, 5.89-km elevated)
- The Phase-IV project is estimated to cost around Rs 45,000 crore.
- The Delhi government, on Dec 19 2018, approved the much-awaited Phase-IV project of the Delhi Metro.
- The Phase-IV project is expected to be completed by 2024.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
26 Dec, 2018: Delhi Metro Yearender For 2018
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .