Date of Post: 26 Nov, 2018
Patna: The Centre has approved DPR (Detailed Project Report) of Metro Rail project in the city that the state government had submitted last month. Suresh Sharma, Urban development and housing department minister said,“I have been informed that the Centre has cleared the proposal and sent the file back to us.”
- The Patna Metro project will cost around Rs 17,800 crore.
- The Centre and the state had to bear 20% each and the remaining would be arranged through loan.
- According to the DPR, the 33.1km long project will have two corridors — east-west and north-south.
- While the west-east corridor would run between Danapur area and Patna railway station via Dak Bungalow Square, the south-north corridor would run between the inter-state bus terminal and Gandhi Maidan via Rajendra Nagar and Ashok Rajpath.
- The metro project would be completed in 5 years from the date of commencement.
- Funds mobilisation for the project would not be a major hurdle as several funding agencies have shown interest in the project, sources said.
- A source said,“We first want central clearance as far as financial details are concerned. After that the process for procuring loan for this project would finally be initiated.”
- Also, the process of setting up of Patna Metro Rail Corporation Limited (PMRCL) has been initiated.
To know more about recent developments of Patna Metro-
01 Oct, 2018 : Metro Trains to Run at Speed of 30 kmph in Patna
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .