Date of Post: 24 Jan, 2019
New Delhi: The Center has approved the extension of the Delhi Metro corridor from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Adda in Ghaziabad, which will provide a much-needed additional public transport infrastructure to the National Capital Region.
- The approval was granted at a cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The total distance of the extended line will be 9.41 kilometers, the government said in a statement.
- It stated,”The Union cabinet has approved the extension of Delhi Metro corridor from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Adda Ghaziabad.”
- The cabinet has also approved contribution of Rs. 324.87 crore as central financial assistance for the extension at a total completion cost of Rs. 1,781.21 crore.
- It said, the implementation of the project would provide the much needed additional public transport infrastructure to NCR.
- The project is being implemented by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC).
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )