Date Of Post: 07 Feb, 2018
Bhubaneswar: The Centre has allocated Rs 5,252 crore for the rail infrastructure development in Odisha, a senior railway official said. This was stated by Umesh Singh, the general manager of East Coast Railway.
Rs 150 crore more allocated than the previous year:
- The allocation made during the 2018-19 fiscal is around Rs 150 crore more than the previous year’s allocation.
- He said, in 2017-18, Odisha had received Rs 5,102 crore for the Railway sector.
Image Credit: Kumarmavinash – Wikimedia Commons
Demand Of Rs 6,500 crore:
- On January 17, state Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had placed a demand of Rs 6,500 crore before the Centre for railway infrastructure development during 2018-19 fiscal.
Patnaik’s demand includes
- Metro rail lines for the Twin Cities of Cuttack and Bhubaneswar
- 6 new rail lines for-
- Bargarh-Nuapara via Padmapur
- Gopalpur-Sangapur road
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, thanked Prime Minister, Finance Minister and Railway Minister for the allocation of Rs 5252 crore against the previous UPA government’s annual average allocation of only Rs 838 crore for Odisha.
Image Credit: Viswa Chandra – Flickr